Kansas Afterschool Caucus
Members of the Kansas Afterschool Caucus are committed to:
- Raising awareness and promoting out-of-school programming (which includes before school, afterschool and summer learning) in an effort to improve youth’s academics, engagement in school and the community, and workforce readiness.
- Networking with others who would like to improve access to and quality of out-of-school programming.
- Receiving research and data about out-of-school programming.
Members of the Caucus can help youth and families by engaging in discussions about out-of-school programming through avenues such as:
- Visiting and supporting local out-of-school programs.
- Supporting 21st Century Community Learning Centers federal funding.
- Participating in Kansas Enrichment Network events.
Senator Elaine Bowers
District 36 - Senate Majority Whip
Senator Dan Goddard
District 15 - State Senate
Representative Brenda Dietrich
District 52 - House of Representatives
Representative Jim Kelly
District 11 - House of Representatives
Senator Oletha Faust-Goudeau
District 29 - Senate Minority Whip
Representative Melissa Rooker
District 25 - House of Representatives