Kansas Afterschool Caucus
Members of the Kansas Afterschool Caucus are committed to:
- Raising awareness and promoting out-of-school programming (which includes before school, afterschool and summer learning) in an effort to improve youth’s academics, engagement in school and the community, and workforce readiness.
- Networking with others who would like to improve access to and quality of out-of-school programming.
- Receiving research and data about out-of-school programming.
Members of the Caucus can help youth and families by engaging in discussions about out-of-school programming through avenues such as:
- Visiting and supporting local out-of-school programs.
- Supporting 21st Century Community Learning Centers federal funding.
- Participating in Kansas Enrichment Network events.
Senator Elaine Bowers
District 36 - Senate Majority Whip
Senator Dan Goddard
Representative Clay Aurand
Representative Jim Kelly
Representative Melissa Rooker
Senator Bud Estes
Senator Lynn Rogers
Representative J. Stephen Alford
Representative Monica Murnan
Representative Kent Thompson