Save-A-Lot supports organizations whose primary mission addresses the following focus areas:
- Hunger relief: Comprehensive hunger relief organizations and non-profit food distribution centers. The majority of funding is allocated to area food banks in conjunction with store openings.
- Health, wellness, and nutrition education, especially organizations promoting nutrition education and maintaining a healthy lifestyle through diet.
- Environmental stewardship: Programs that promote environmental stewardship, especially related to using energy more efficiently and reducing waste.
To be eligible for a donation, a request must:
- Include your organization’s federal 501(c)(3) designation letter. Note: charities with 501(c) designations other than (3) are not eligible for support
- Include signed and dated IRS W-9
- Fall within our focus areas
Save-A-Lot will generally not support:
- Third-party requests on behalf of another organization
- Fees for conferences, seminars or travel
- Advertising requests (including printed programs)
- Family or individual emergency relief
- Individual/team fundraising
- Travel and/or academic research
- Fees for participation in athletic or other competitive programs
- Fraternal or labor organizations
- Religious organizations (for religious programs)
- Organizations (or programs) that receive more than 30% of their funding through the United Way Workforce development programs