Overview of COVID-19
Kansas COVID-19 Information
COVID-19 Resources for Working with Youth
- CDC Guidance for preventing COVID-19 spread in school and childcare settings
- CDC Interim Guidance for childcare and youth-serving organizations on how to plan, prepare, and respond to COVID-19
- Child Mind Institute video on Talking to Kids about Coronavirus
- Education Week: Coronavirus in Schools
Resources Supporting Children’s Emotional Health During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Guidance, recommendations, and resources provided by child trauma experts at Child Trends and the Child Trauma Training Center at the University of Massachusetts
Resources from Internet Providers
An FCC agreement has stated that providers will waive late fees, not cutoff service for lack of payment, and open hot-spots.
- Midco COVID-19 response:
For employees, Midco offers subsidized internet for low-income households through the Lifeline program.
Offering a new package, Midco Internet Basics, that provides free service through June 15, 2020 for K-12 and/or college students who don’t have internet access. Students can enroll by calling 1-833-338-4638 and use reference code MIBEDU20 to receive the educational assistance credit.
- Comcast COVID-19 response:
Offers free WiFi for 2 months to low income families plus all Xfinity hot-spots are free to the public during this time
- Charter Internet:
Offers free internet for 2 months, doesn’t cover Lawrence, KS
- AT&T COVID-19 response:
Offers open hot-spots, unlimited data to existing customers, and $10/month plans to low income families
- Verizon COVID-19 response:
No special offers, but following the FCC agreement.
- Sprint COVID-19 response:
Follows FCC agreement, provides unlimited data to existing customers, and, starting Tuesday, 3/17/2020, will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge.
- T-Mobile COVID-19 response:
Follows FCC agreement, plus unlimited data to existing customers, and, coming soon, will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge.